Saturday, September 15, 2012

And, so, we meet again...

... Pneumonia

Why must you pick my boys to attack? Graden has other things to worry about; he doesn't have time for you. You left him alone for so long; I thought we had moved on...

The fever alone is enough to worry me. The spike and drop and constant change in his temperature could potentially cause another seizure, which starts an entirely new round of worries...

He can barely breathe. His cough hurts his chest. He doesn't want to eat, and he isn't sleeping well.

I hate feeling helpless. The on-call doctor complimented me on "knowing to get him in right away" -- clearly she doesn't know I've become a sort of expert on my boys. She said we caught it early, which I know is good, so I'll keep telling myself we are on top of it. We know what needs to be done in the next few days, and we've done it before, which is why we're at home and not at the hospital now. 

I still just can't stop worrying about his fevers. 

This is the first time he's been sick since he's been diagnosed with his malformation and heterotopia. I feel like I'm just staring at him. He keeps telling me he's okay; I ask him about every three minutes how he's doing. 

Today and tomorrow will be all about G; let's hope we start to see an improvement. I really, really don't want to have to take him to the hospital; more importantly, I don't want him to have to stay in the hospital... again.





No comments: