Tuesday, January 17, 2012

So it goes...

... life happens. It really does. My last two posts consist of promises to maintain my blog posts. It's not that I break promises. Let's face it: no one likes to break a promise. The truth? Plain and simple. I forgot. I forgot all about my blog - one of the things I enjoy most in this world - because I was too damn busy.

Let's be real here. I'm always busy. I always have been. Even when I say I'm going to slow down, I never do, because I'm really good at finding another project to take on, and you know what? I like that about me. I like being busy. I like helping other people. I like projects. Honestly, there have been days I wanted to pull my hair out, but I'm getting better. (Haven't we heard this before?) It's true this time. (I sound like an addict!) Last semester was hectic, crazy, all-consuming, soul-sucking... 6 classes, two kids, and too many projects to list was ridiculous. I'll admit it. So, I have slowed down. Some. I'm simply focusing on my family first, classes second, and smaller projects, which really just need finished up. So, you see, life happens. It always happens in my house. And, once I finish one thing, I pick up another. It's just how it goes... and, I'm good at it.

I do promise to be better about my blog. I miss it. I need it. I must give thanks to my special friend, SE, who encouraged me to get back on my blog-wagon. She writes an amazing blog herself (for which I could be a ghost writer since we share so many of the same opinions), and she supports the fact that I, too, have things to say. Boy, do I. So, here I go... I'm back up and running.

4 comments:

Katie said...

can't wait to read more...

Anonymous said...

I am so stoked and caught up. I got my popcorn ready and I am feeling like I need more. Beautiful family, beautiful Momma, beautiful life. Enjoy it.

Michelle D Keyes said...

Don't beat yourself up too much about not blogging. Sometimes life gets in the way and that's okay (hmm.. I should listen to my own advice). As long as you're not avoiding it, then it's fine. Hope things stay busy but not too busy you can't keep up!

Charity Kountz said...

You and I are SO much alike! lol Blog when it feels right - don't guilt yourself into it. You're allowed to be human & we'll still be here whenever you have time/energy to post. :)