Thursday, April 17, 2014

Changes

It's amazing what a difference 10 days makes.

Last week, I was so worried about how Graden would do at school after being off for break and struggling through the changes caused by the lowering of his medication, but that little stinker made me so happy! He came home with a "red" every single day last week! Even the teacher wrote him a note. For those of you who don't know, red is the top of the behavior chart, which means he wasn't just good (green), he was great! While he usually floats around the good colors, he hadn't earned a full week of red yet. Needless to say, we celebrated.

And, now, we only have 3 days left...

Easter will be his last dose. How fitting.

I stumbled across the date of his first full MRI this morning... 3 years ago, almost to the day.

What a ride it's been. So many changes.

I can't say that change is bad, because in our case it means growth. It means we are taking the next step -- or sometimes just another step. It makes me wonder why people are often afraid of change. I've heard it's because of the unknown, but don't they know that bad things can happen if you remain stagnate? Stagnate. I heard a great discussion about that word yesterday in a class studying communities. I'll refrain from getting sidetracked, but the talk made me consider how truly afraid I am of the unknown, but I how I am forced to embrace change.

Weaning Grado off his medicine is the perfect example. I do not know what will happen when it's completely out of his system, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried, but I do know that this change is good right now. And, isn't "right now" all I can focus on?



No comments: