Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My favorite holiday...

... is tomorrow. I love Thanksgiving! 

Growing up, I remember my friends being so excited for Christmas, but most of us were really just excited for Christmas BREAK! Instead, a few of my closest friends and I loved Thanksgiving. As I've grown up (some), my love for the holiday has also grown. It's such a relaxed holiday - food, football, family. Goodness knows those are my three favorite things. It truly is a day to be thankful...

And, this  year, I am more so than I have been in awhile. So, I will "give my thanks," as I have been on Facebook all month. (Bandwagon, I know, but this year, it's been so very appropriate for me.)

Just look at these two boys of mine:
How could I not be thankful for them? Sure, there are days they turn my calm life in to a tornado, but... wait? Calm life? Please. 'Tis never calm around here. Ha!

Now, don't get me wrong, every year we get our pictures taken and every year I say how much more I love these pictures than the last ones. But, this year is different for me. For some reason, I feel very emotional when I look at our photo shoot. Is it because they look so much older this year as compared to last? Is it because 2012 has been a challenging year for their health - more so than previous years? 

Honestly, I don't know. I do know that they are what I am thankful for!

Well, them and this guy right here:
Hard to believe we've been married 8 years! Cliché as it is, I truly am lucky.

So, yes, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and tomorrow I will be smiling thinking about how far we've come just this year. How tough my little Grado is and how caring my not-so-little Landen is. How lucky I am to be the mother of these two boys. How happy I am that Phil makes me laugh and truly calms me down. How blessed I am to be surrounded by friends and family who love us, support us, and think of us often.

And, on Tuesday, when Thanksgiving has passed, I will still be smiling as we walk into our appointment with Graden's Pulmonologist, knowing that whatever he says, we can handle.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

No comments: