Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Aunt 'Lissa's Little Man

Because I forgot to post this before Monday's call, I decided to post about something that makes me smile: my nephew, Camden. As of now, he is my only nephew and has quite the special place in my heart. 

Here he is swimming with Landen:
And, here he is sitting with Landen:
If you can't tell, Camden and Landen are very best buddies. Graden is usually tagging along, too; he was too busy swimming for me to snap pictures of him, though. 

So, Camden spent the night with me last weekend, which means we spent the entire day together on Saturday. Can I take a minute to brag about him? This little guy was awesome. We were outside the majority of the day and it was close to 90 degrees out. Never once did he even whimper. We swam, played, ate snacks, took a nap (which may have been the only time inside), and played some more. He was so fun! 

I think spending time with him, at this age especially, reminds me of the boys when they were little. Camden shares many qualities of Landen's personality (loving, patient, smart) with a dab of Graden's "stinkerness" (independent, no fear, ornery). Combined, Camden is the best of both my boys, and I love him so, so much! 

Being an Aunt is so fun! It's different than being a Mom. I don't declare to be the most hip lady in the world, but I must say that the way my nieces and nephew look at me melts my heart. We have fun together. Aunt 'Lissa is always silly - even if she just yelled to be good listeners. :) 

So, after Monday's call, I have decided to keep busy. And, if I have a moment when I lapse into worrying, all I have to do now, is pull up these pictures of my sweet, little man and smile. :)


No comments: