Monday, June 4, 2012

Do you remember...

the Tasmanian Devil cartoons? Refresh your memory here. You laugh, do you? Well, that is how I have felt the past few weeks. I'm telling you, I move as fast as that little guy. Shoot, I may even make some of the same noises. Ha!

This week will be no different. I've made a new to-do list to keep occupied until Wednesday morning... when we take Grado to the hospital for all his MRIs. I'm not looking forward to it. All I can think about is how he goes limp from the anesthesia, his breathing becomes slow and shallow - to the point where I want to place my hand on his chest to make sure it is rising and falling, and how he wakes up in a panic. No parent is ever ready to witness their child in this state, and I'm not sure that even having done it before makes it any better... It might even make it worse. 



Last week was our first week home together - just the two of us: Grado and Mommy. He was so good! We went shopping with Aunt Kelly and Camden for "vacation stuff," which meant Mommy and Aunt Kel were shopping for fun Jamaica swimsuits, sunglasses, bags, and dresses. Grado never complained. Instead, he offered his opinion when necessary:  "That's cute, Aunt Kelly. Buy it!"  We went to lunch one day... Graden's favorite: Chips and Salsa. We went to the library. We went to Target. We bought groceries. Again, never once did he complain. He continued to offer his advice while smiling the whole week. 


We're home again this week. Landen has two more days of school and will be spending his first day of summer break at Papaw's house since we will be with Grado for his tests. Landen is a good, big brother though and hasn't complained either. 

Now, let me publicly state my apologies to my closest friends who may believe I may have fallen into a well with no hopes of returning... I have played more "phone tag" and left longer voicemails than usual (if that's possible, right Jen?) in the past month than I have ever. For that, I am sorry... I'm on it and will be in touch soon. Love to you ladies... you know who you are!



So, although, I'm running around like Taz, I'm one lucky Momma to have these two boys (and amazing, patient, and understanding friends) along on this ride.


Here's wishing you a great Monday and promising updates after Wednesday...

No comments: