Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A New Chapter: CSF

In 10 days, I will be hosting my first, public CSF Walk

On June 14th, on the campus of IPFW, we will walk one mile in support, honor, or memory of members of the Fort Wayne community who are struggling, or who have struggled, with Chiari, Syringomyelia, or any of the related cerebral, spinal disorders.

Last year, we held a Solo Walk in honor of Graden on July 5th. Since then, it has become a goal of mine to open a Fort Wayne CSF Chapter. After the unite@night walks in June, I will move forward with the chapter process.

I have met so many people with these same health issues. I've been reunited with old friends. I've made new friends. I've met kids younger than my Grado who have had this surgery, and I've met people much older yet to go through the surgery. 


It's all been an amazing experience. Sharing stories and resources and hearing words of thanks from families who thought they were alone has made it all worth it.


They are not alone. We are a community, and this is our new chapter.


No comments: